5 YEAR GUARANTEE – FRAME
The internal wooden FRAME has a limited warranty against defects in the materials and workmanship. This warranty assumes normal usage of the suite.
2 YEAR GUARANTEE – MECHANISM, LEATHER, STITCHING AND CUSHIONING
The metal reclining MECHANISM has a limited warranty against defects in the materials and workmanship. This warranty assumes normal usage of the suite.
The LEATHER used to be 100% genuine leather and to be free from tearing and splitting under normal use.
The STITCHING to be free from defects in the materials and workmanship.
Leather owes its inherent beauty to variations in the grain, texture and colour tones. These natural characteristics contribute to the uniqueness of each upholstered leather product. Leather is a natural product and therefore this guarantee does not cover natural characteristics of leather such as markings caused by insect bites, barbed wire, veining, abrasions, injuries to the animal, wrinkling or variations in grain or colour tones on different sections of the same leather product.
The foam and fiber fillings to be free from abnormal loss of resiliency. The softening or flattening of the fiber and foam materials used in CUSHIONING that occurs due to normal use and ageing is not covered by this guarantee and shall not be considered a defect in the materials or workmanship.
This must not be confused with normal loss of resiliency as cushions typically soften with normal use and ageing, and may conform to the shape of the user.
GUARANTEE EXCLUSIONS AND CLARIFICATIONS
Please note the following:
- The guarantee does not apply to any Alpine Lounge upholstered products used for any commercial, contract, institutional, rental trade, or other non-household use.
- The guarantee only applies to Alpine Lounge upholstered products used for normal household use and maintained in accordance with instructions provided on the swing ticket attached to the Alpine Lounge product or available at www.alpinelounge.co.za.
- The guarantee does not apply to damage resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, cuts and scratches, accidents, burns, fire, water or other hazard, exposure to direct sunlight or bright lights or extreme heat or similar conditions resulting in discolouration, cracking or peeling of leather coverings, after the original delivery to you, the original purchaser.
- The guarantee does not apply to damage resulting from application to any coverings of cleaners, conditioners, treatments or other chemical products not approved in writing by Alpine Lounge. It also does not apply to damage caused by corrosive chemicals such as acids or solvents, dyes, inks, paints, body fluids and similar chemicals.
- The guarantee does not apply to sales made on an ‘as-is’ basis.
- The guarantee does not apply to products taken out of the Republic of South Africa.
If this Alpine Lounge upholstered product does not conform to the aforesaid guarantee, your sole and exclusive remedy is:
- The REPAIR of any defective product or repair of any part of any product determined to be defective or, if repair determined by Alpine Lounge not to be repairable.
- REPLACEMENT of any defective product or replacement of any product determined to be defective.
Implied guarantees, including any of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of the express guarantees set forth above in the guarantee. The guarantee and remedies are exclusive and are in lieu of all guarantees warranties and remedies, verbal or written, express or implied.
If any material or parts used in any defective product are unavailable at the time of repair, and if Alpine Lounge elects to repair the defective product. Alpine Lounge reserves the right to substitute materials or parts of equal quality and value as determined at the sole discretion of Alpine Lounge.
Alpine Lounge shall in no event be responsible to you for any incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of time, usage, or money and at no time shall the responsibility of Alpine Lounge for any defect exceed the purchase price paid by you, the original purchaser.
Should it be deemed necessary, Alpine Lounge reserves the right to effect design and technical specification changes over time, in line with original specifications according to the availability of raw materials from suppliers and service providers.